Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Boobies

While I was pregnant, I battled with if I was going to breast feed or use formula. Most people in my family had formula fed so that was what I was always used to. I never really knew anything about breast feeding.  I started hearing more and more about the benefits of breast milk and funny enough, I wrote a compare and contrast paper in my english class on the two! I was almost completely convinced that I wanted to breast feed. However, I still felt weird about it. I have always viewed breasts as a sexual thing. I couldn't picture feeding my son from them.


When Cayden was born, he was taken straight to the NICU. You can catch up on that here && here. When I was informed on what was going on with him, I immediately knew that breast feeding was what I wanted to do. I can't fix what is going on with him, but this is something that he needs that I am able to give. It makes me feel good to know that I am the only person that can provide all these benefits for my son.

What benefits you ask?
Breast milk provides an amazing amount of anti bodies and nutrients that an infant can't get out of formula. It significantly decreases their chance of getting infections and diseases common in babies. Breastfeeding also creates a closeness between mother and baby. It's a bond that a mother will never regret. Not only is it amazing for the baby, it also decreases the chance of some diseases for mommy too and helps shed some pounds gained from pregnancy.

When I first started, since Cayden was in the NICU and not eating, I pumped my milk and stored it. That was the easiest time so far with breastfeeding. It's complicated at first, and honestly it still is for me. But it's sooo beyond worth it!



I haven't been breastfeeding for long, but if anyone needs advice or has questions
please don't hesitate to ask! I'll help all that I can (:



On a side note, I now have a sponser link.
Go check it out and get your ad space!
e-mail me for the swap code (:

and I started selling AVON so go check out my site.
We've got some awesome deals going on right now.
Avon Facebook
Avon Shop






5 comments:

  1. I love this! And I love that you titled the post Boobies heheh :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have nominated you for the Liebster Award! (: See my blog for details! Cant wait to read your reply!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fab post - great encouragement for other moms with little ones in NICU.

    I would love to see you at this week's Baby Shower link up, Alice x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you made that choice! I loved breastfeeding my girls.

    ReplyDelete

Past Posts