Search This Blog

Friday, May 3, 2013

M.I.A.

Okay, here comes a long one...
I've been M.I.A. pretty much since I have had my little baby Cayden.
&& here's more of an explanation as to why.

I gave birth to my little sweetheart on April 10th. 
He was taken straight to the NICU and stayed there for a week.
Since he came a little early, he was having issues getting the fluid out of his lungs.
He was on a CPAP machine and eventually taken down to just oxygen.
They found he had a heart murmur and did an ultrasound which was then
shipped to the Cardiologist in Syracuse for them to look at.
We left the hospital on the 17th with a follow-up appointment with the Cardiologist in 3 weeks.

Little did we know... that wasn't going to be the end of things.

after a couple days home, I realized Cayden was breathing weird at night.
and also that he was breathing pretty fast. I went with my mommy instincts and took
him to the ER here in Watertown. They looked him over and decided to call the Cardiologist.
He wanted to see Cayden ASAP so we were taken by ambulance to Children's in Syracuse.
They observed him for the night and did another ultrasound on his heart the next day.
We finally talked to the cardiologist and he diagnosed Cayden with VSD and PS.
(Ventricular Septal Defect and Pulmonary Stenosis) 
Basically he has a hole in the lower wall of his heart and his pulmonic valve is thicker than normal.

For some reason the picture won't flip around, but the top heart is a normal heart 
and the bottom one is Caydens.



Scary huh?!
You have no idea.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now it's time to show my sweet thing off (:




6 comments:

  1. He is absolutely precious! Praying for you all I can't begin to imagine how scary this must be for you all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats again! He's absolutely adorable! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry you are going through this! what is the next step? Cayden is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am a new follower! Your little boy is adorable, I wish you guys the best and will keep you in my prayers!

    Courtney,
    www.theplacesigrow.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. He is SO precious!!! How early did he arrive?

    ReplyDelete

Past Posts