Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

My Weekend in a Nut Shell

Well I really wanted to get into this link-up. 
I know I'm a little late but hopefully it still works.




I'm pretty new into this Blog World so I'm still finding things out.
I would still be completely lost if it wasn't for Becca though!
She's been a life saver.

army200x200 photo army200x200_zpsfbef70c5.jpg

I'll gladly take any blogger tips and hints from anyone else!





Anyways, The recap of my weekend...
(yes, it started on a Thursday)

Thursday: My lovely husband and I got up and finished up the little bit of packing we had left to do. We waited on my amazing friend Laura to head over with her adorable baby Aria to dog sit our pup while we were gone. Finally, we were on our way to OHIO (: Road trips back home with my hubby are always the best. We have the most random conversations about the most random things, and I must not forget we put to use our wonderful singing skills. We ended up getting to my in-law's house around 11pm. We stayed up chit chatting with my mother in-law until about 2am and then decided it was time to go to bed.




Friday: We slept in until around 11am, which is very unusual for us. especially when we are in our home town. Chris's momma made us biscuits and gravy (our favorite) and we just hung around the house with his family for a while. When dinner time came around, Chris and I went out to eat at Applebee's. My best friend Chelsea was our server. After dinner Chris went bowling with his brothers and I hung around with momma Kelli.

Pause for my best friend rant: Chelsea Arent is my all time best friend. I honestly don't know where I would be without her. She serious has helped me through every rough situation I have been through and has been there to celebrate every amazing thing that has happened to me. With as many friends I have lost during my move away from home and my journey away from high school, nothing has ever came between us.
I love her to death.

Saturday: We slept in again for some crazy reason! While we were asleep , my mother in law and granny had set up the entire house for my baby shower. It looked absolutely adorable. Chris and I went to get Gold Star (one of my home town restaurants that I had been craving) and when we got back, the party began. We played all the goofy baby games and opened gifts. After a little time chit chatting, we got to my favorite part.. food and cake! The shower was amazing and I really appreciated everything Kelli and Granny put together for us. We got tons of stuff! 
After the shower we headed to my mom's house to stay. We went out to the bowling ally so Chris could play a couple games and then Chelsea and us went to the Monkey's (hometown bar) to meet up with my mom and her friends. We bar hopped with them ( yes my prego butt did, no shame in taking care of my drunk family) until last call and then went home and went to bed.












Sunday: I got up to a house full of hung over people, which of course was hilarious to me. I started getting ready for baby shower number 2 (: This one was given to us by my mom, Chelsea, my cousin Brooke. and my aunt Theresa. It was equally as amazing as my mother in laws shower. When the shower was over, we packed out jeep full to the top and had to start heading home to New York because Chris had to work in the morning.







So I think that it is safe to say that we had a very exciting and eventful weekend!

I will never be able to explain how greatful I am for the amazing friends and family we have been blessed with. They have all helped us so much with our new baby and he's not even here yet!









Oh, and we finally got our pictures from my cousins wedding back!







1 comment:

Past Posts