Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Deployment Blows, Seriously.

We are heading into month three of deployment. I can't say that I feel any better than I did during month one. I knew this was going to be hard but I never expected it to be THIS hard. My husband is seriously my other half and living without him has become pretty close to impossible. ( obviously not really but it's pretty dang hard ) My bad days still outweigh my good ones by far. I've come to realize that I can't rely on any sort of schedule. We had a pretty decent one going for a while , but you know , things come up , the internet goes out , his shifts get changed , he has extra work , etc. so that thought went out the window. The internet connection is a joke. Don't get me wrong, I am so overly appreciative of the fact that we get the internet to communicate, but it cuts out ALL the time and when we skype, it's more like I'm talking to a blob. You know that saying that everything goes wrong when your spouse deploys ? Yeah well I'm living proof that it totally happens. I'm not even going to go into detail of how much has gone wrong because it would be a page long list AND THIS IS ONLY MONTH THREE!

I'm totally just babbling on about the million thoughts running through my head. Dear lord.
I'm just going out of my mind crazy. If it wasn't for my son keeping my head on straight, I think I would be rotting away in my bed. So ladies, if you're out there praying, please throw a little something up for my family.

Military families? If you're saying "been there, done that" please get in touch with me! I would LOVE to hear your stories and advice so I don't feel like I'm crazy over here.

4 comments:

  1. awe hun, i'm sorry. i'll be in those same shoes in just a little bit. wish we lived closer, we could keep both of ourselves sane.
    -whit

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hugs my friend! Been through 2 deployments and they are tough. Sending lots of hugs your way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Skype def works better if he turns off his video. Yeah, it sucks, but the call quality really improves.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't worry. I think things go wrong for all of us. My car overheated on the way home after dropping hubs off to leave to Afghanistan. Just try to stay busy. It's literally the only thing that helped time pass by quickly. It'll be over before you know it, and you'll look back and realize that it wasn't so bad. Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete

Past Posts